Jobs & Tasks
Some Jobs are hard-coded into vPromotions based on PRF Category types. They will not show in settings, but they are automatically available. They include:
- Sales (All PRF Categories)
- Talent (Event PRF Categories)
- Promotions Assistant (Event PRF Categories)
- Board Op (Event PRF Categories)
Additional Jobs and Tasks can be adding by a Firm Admin by going to Settings / Firm / Jobs/Tasks and entering the tasks you want to add.
For example, a "job" would be an assignment like, "Station Mascot," that would define what someone's responsibility is during an event. A "task" would be a single action like, "Publish Facebook Post," that would be given a specific Due Date/Time.
Assigning Jobs & Tasks
Jobs and Tasks can be assigned to promotions from the Details of the promotion on the calendar.
1) Add the Job or Task that you would like to assign.
If you choose a Job to assign, your list of people under "Who" will be limited by the job selected.
- Sales - Choose from any Sales People or Sales Manager.
NOTE: The person creating the PRF will be assigned a Sales Person regardless of their Ability assignment in Settings.
- Board Op - Choose from any Promotions Directors, Program Directors, or On Air Talent.
- Talent - Choose from any Promotions Directors, Program Directors, or On Air Talent.
- Promotions Assistant - Choose from any Promotions Assistants, Promotions Directors, Program Directors, or On Air Talent
2) If you assign a Task, you can add a Due Date.
The assignee will get a notification that they have been assigned, a reminder banner in vPromotions when their task is getting close to due, and an email reminder on the weekday before their task is due.
The task assigner will receive a past due notification email the day after the task was due if it was not completed. Manager can track their assigned tasks from the Tasks tab on the Main Calendar view.
3) You can assign a Recurring Task by checking the Make Recurring box.
This will allow you to assign one task that can be assigned to occur on the same day(s) and time(s) each week. After assigning a Recurring Task, click Add to assign additional Tasks.
4) The Add Job/Task button lets you assign multiple Tasks on various Due Dates to one person.
After assigning all of the Tasks needed to one person, click Add to assign additional Tasks to other people.
5) Choose the person to whom you would like to assign the Task(s) or Job(s).
6) Click Add to assign the Task(s) or Job(s), and continue.