Priority-Based Liner Scheduling Video Demo
Getting Ready to Make the Switch
Priority-Based Liners and Legacy Liners do not play well together. Before switching over to Priority-Based Liner Scheduling, you should:
- Choose a date to start using Priority-Based Liner Scheduling
- Delete all liners scheduled from that date forward. (Use the List All icon from each liner on the grid to mass delete scheduled liners.)
Setting Up Priority-Based Liner Scheduling
Go to Settings / vPromo / Available Liner Slots.
- Choose a Station from the Selector at the top of the grid.
NOTE: If you do not see this selector (below) after choosing a Station, contact the vCreative Help Desk to enable Priority-Based Liner Scheduling for your Firm.
- Select Schedule liners according to Priorities daily and Save. Each station can be set up individually.
- Go to the liners tab of each current promotion on the calendar to add liners to the Liner Queue
- Once all liners are in, go to the main Liners tab from the Home calendar and Schedule liners.
How Priority-Based Liner Scheduling Works
- When liners are entered, one of 4 Priorities is assigned (1, 2, 3, 4). High Priority Liners would be Priority 1, Low Priority Liners are given Priority 4. This determines the order in which the Liners will be scheduled to the Grid.
- Clicking Save on a new liner adds it to the Liner Queue which is where all Liners will go until you Schedule.
- By clicking Liner Queue from the Liner Grid, you can see which liners will schedule within the given dates, and you can edit each liner from there to change the copy, Priority, run dates, etc. before scheduling.
- Scheduling is done only after all of the liners for a particular time period are entered. When you click the Schedule button, you are asked for the date(s) that you are Scheduling, and then you are shown a list of liners that will be Scheduled from the Liner Queue.
- Scheduling will start scheduling Priority 1 with the number of liners per day or per daypart that you want to run for each liner. Then the scheduler moves to Priority 2, then 3 and 4.
- There is a Run of Schedule frequency option that should only be used for Priority 4 liners and only if there are multiple Priority 4 Liners set to Run of Schedule. Otherwise, you will see a liner scheduled multiple times in a row as the scheduler tries to fill every remaining Available Liner Slot with the Run of Schedule liners.
- The Liner Grid Editing/Manual Scheduling works just the same way with either scheduler.
- If you enter dates to Schedule that have already been scheduled, you’ll see a warning, and if you schedule anyway vPromotions will remove all of the liners for those day(s) and rescheduling them. No”Unscheduling” is required. This is very useful in new Liners need to be added in.